- Time zone: CET ±1 hour
- Fluent Dutch & English
You are a UX/UI designer, specialized in designing digital products and services. You speak fluent Dutch and English.
You are a self-starter. You are an excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it.
You are passionate about user interfaces and the technology behind them. Equally, you are interested in the user behind the interface. You ask questions and remain curious. Which problem are you solving and why? Does what you do really help the end user?
We will provide you with the opportunity to work on interesting problems for various customers. Your work environment will be a liberal one. We value trust over control. Ultimately, people will spend thousands of hours with the digital products that you have designed, together with the team. You are eager to do some of your best work at Mono.
- 2,5+ years of experience as a designer
- You have experience designing digital products, not just websites
- Skilled with modern design tools (at Mono we use Figma & Sketch)
- Experience with both conceptual design and high-fidelity output
- You speak Dutch and English fluently. Other language skills welcome
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Interaction Design, CMD, Devine, HCI) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with UX research activities (desk research, user interviews, ...)
- Other language skills welcome, where French is the most useful one
- You have a working understanding of HTML & CSS and are willing to learn more
CoViD-19 travel and contact restrictions
You will work from your home office or from a nearby co-working space with proper safety measures in place only. We do this so long as the government requests it, and because it is an effective measure to keep you and your friends and family safe.
When CoViD-19 travel and contact restrictions are eased
We provide the option to work from our co-working office in Ghent or Antwerp one day per week. Other days you can work from home, at a library, or on any location of your choosing that has good WiFi and internet.
Inclusion and diversity
If we want to design products for the world around us, then we need to design those products with a group of people that reflect the world around us. It is not only about race, gender or religious choice. It is about different points of view.
We believe we’ll be better off for it. This means that we make an explicit effort to look for people with diverse backgrounds, but a common interest in design to join our team. And we want to specifically encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for a job.
How to apply
Introduce yourself briefly and send us your CV & portfolio attached to the e-mail. You can also link to your online CV, portfolio, website, or any other proof that you are the colleague we are looking for.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.