- Wider Belgium Area
After a successful first run, we are opening up a new apprenticeship. We start off with a 3 month apprenticeship. The apprenticeship can be extended up to 1 year*.
- Enthusiasm to dive in
- Proven self-learning initiatives
- Interest in UI/UX
Why both design and front-end development?
- You need front-end skills to understand what you are designing
- You need design skills to design the right thing
- This profile is highly sought after
- At the same time, we have difficulties finding the person with the right set of skills
- The skills you learn will lay the foundation for your job. After the apprenticeship, the logical next step is an offer for a full-time position at Mono**
What we offer
- Space to learn
- Self-directed learning + review of your work by senior designers
- Work on a mix of real projects and your own project
Our team member Emily had this to say about the apprenticeship.
I switched from a career in finances to a career in UI/UX design. In the apprenticeship programme I learned all the necessary skills to prepare me for a full-time position as a UI/UX designer. Mono has a unique approach, considering development constantly when designing.Emily van de Walle
The apprenticeship is a paid job. It is a mix of work and learning. We will assess your situation and assess our means to provide compensation. We aim to provide a compensation of at least about 50% of a regular wage, but the specifics are dependent on government subsidies and your personal situation (i.e. unemployment)
*Time depending on approval of government subsidies (IBO/BIS)
**Depending on succesful internship.
You live within reasonable travel distance to Ghent or Antwerp (less than 100km). We expect you to work at the office one day per week. Other days you can work from home, at the office, or on a location of your choosing. This might change based on your seniority level.
Inclusion and diversity
If we want to design products for the world around us, then we need to design those products with a group of people that reflect the world around us. It is not only about race, gender or religious choice. It is about different points of view.
We believe we’ll be better off for it. This means that we make an explicit effort to look for people with diverse backgrounds, but a common interest in design to join our team. And we want to specifically encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for a job.
How to apply
Please contact us with a written introduction in your initial e-mail with your resume in attachment. We require a PDF portfolio or a link to a portfolio website.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.