- Time zone: CET ±1 hour
- Fluent Dutch & English
A Product Manager at Mono works every day to facilitate the conversation between business, design and engineering. We work for start-ups, enterprises and governments. And we want to help them build the best digital products in the world through good design. Here's how you can help to achieve that goal:
- Write informed specifications. This means you listen to our customers. And you listen to their customers. And you listen to the engineers, the sales team, implementation consultants and the marketing team. Then you define the problem space, and set the guide rails for our UI design team by writing a clear spec and briefing it.
- Analyse and visualise the problem space in flow-charts, diagrams or even breadboard-style diagrams. Without falling to the temptation of already coming up with a solution.
- Work on visualising solutions together with our design team. Propose the solutions to our customer, test it with their customers and verify with their engineers if it is technically reasonable.
- Figure out how to help the customer best, given the budget. Sometimes you will be on a long mission, sometimes it will be a very specific problem to solve. Examples are fixing help & learning or invoicing & subscriptions.
- 1 year of experience managing a digital product
- Experience leading others and pulling products and teams forward
- You speak Dutch and English
- Mention what you know about the Dunning–Krugereffect in your application e-mail
- Experience with modern tools to visualise ideas such as Whimsical, Miro, Figma or Sketch
- 2 years of experience managing a digital product.
- Experience with conducting research activities such as user research, user interviews or usability testing
- You are a designer making the transition into the Product Manager role
- You have an informed opinion about technology and can debate both the positives and negatives
CoViD-19 travel and contact restrictions
You will work from your home office or from a nearby co-working space with proper safety measures in place only. We do this so long as the government requests it, and because it is an effective measure to keep you and your friends and family safe.
When CoViD-19 travel and contact restrictions are eased
We provide the option to work from our co-working office in Ghent or Antwerp one day per week. Other days you can work from home, at a library, or on any location of your choosing that has good WiFi and internet.
Inclusion and diversity
If we want to design products for the world around us, then we need to design those products with a group of people that reflect the world around us. It is not only about race, gender or religious choice. It is about different points of view.
We believe we’ll be better off for it. This means that we make an explicit effort to look for people with diverse backgrounds, but a common interest in design to join our team. And we want to specifically encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for a job.
How to apply
Introduce yourself briefly and send us your CV attached to the e-mail. You can also link to your online CV, website, or any other proof that you are the colleague we are looking for.
You can reach us at email@example.com.