Lead digital product designer
We are looking for someone who can help bring design at Mono to the next level. You like to have a variety of design tasks on your plate and you like to figure out the best way to manage those tasks for yourself and your team.
You are able to switch between setting up new design projects and helping sustain the flow of work in longer ones. You love to help out a small band of designers with both the design work and project management.
- You have people skills. Like, real people skills. Asking over telling, that sort of thing.
- You have experience designing digital products, not just websites.
- You like to find harmony between people, business, design and project management.
- You are capable of doing the design work yourself and you are capable of delegating certain tasks to your colleagues.
- You love task variety and you recognise that good preparation can set you up for design success.
- You are a project driver that can push things forward.
- 4+ years of experience as a designer
- Skilled with modern design tools (at Mono we use Figma & Sketch)
- A strong portfolio
- You speak Dutch and English
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Interaction Design, CMD, Devine, HCI) or equivalent practical experience
Mono works on digital products and services. We mostly design applications for iOS, Android and the web. View our project portfolio.
You live within reasonable travel distance to Ghent or Antwerp (less than 100km). We expect you to work at the office one day per week. Other days you can work from home, at the office, or on a location of your choosing. This might change based on your seniority level.
Benefits of working at Mono
Work on impactful projects
We’re picky when it comes to what we work on. Instead of working on a banner or landing page that won’t exist in one month, we’re focused on mission critical digital products.
Help improve the design of the most widely used web-based healthcare software, work on a brand new iOS app for real estate brokers, or breathe new life into aging software.
It’s a package you won’t easily find elsewhere.
Opportunity to learn
When it comes to this job, you’ll make mistakes. We’ve sure made many over the years. What’s more important is that you know we’ll have your back all the way, and there will be ample opportunity to learn.
- In-house knowledge sharing sessions
- External speakers
- €1000 conference budget/year
Remote, but social
We offer a balance between working from where you want and working in a really nice office. Work from the focus from your own home or surround yourself with people. Apart from the weekly team day, it’s up to you.
We regularly have lunch together, and it’s on us! Currently our weekly team day is at our co-working office in Ghent.
The right hardware
We will provide you with excellent hardware to get your job done, from well-specced MacBook Pros to 4K monitors to low-performance testing devices. Because you need those as well.
Raise your hand if you hate asking your manager to buy a €10 tool that will help you get your work done. At Mono, use the prepaid credit card to buy new shiny things to experiment with. After all, it’s part of your job to stay up to date.
Inclusion & diversity
If we want to design products for the world around us, then we need to design those products with a group of people that reflect the world around us. It is not only about race, gender or religious choice. It is about different points of view.
We believe we’ll be better off for it. This means that we make an explicit effort to look for people with diverse backgrounds, but a common interest in design to join our team. And we want to specifically encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for a job.
How to apply
Please contact us with a written introduction in your initial e-mail with your resume in attachment.
We require a PDF portfolio or a link to a portfolio website.
You can reach us at email@example.com.